Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nemo the destroyer~look at that face he's a good boy...you must have bought a defective rope..LOL he didn't do it...that's his story and he's sticking to it........

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Kathy,

When you can no longer get it clean or it becomes a snagging hazard. Make sure Nemo can't get his foot caught in one of the strands.

Memmey,

What you percieve as innocence is actually pure evil. :D Rememder, all males are evil and useless ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I haven't had to replace any yet - but if they were being chewed on I probably would cut any frayed parts off daily and as Art said, replace if I suspected a snagging hazard.

How do the rest of you clean your rope perches? - On the web people have suggestions that range - from the washing machine to douching them in water and scrubbing them etc.

I'm skeptical on submerging them in water - and the washing machine suggestion :eek: :eek: :eek:

Because of the wire inside, wouldn't it rust and that rust seep through the rope if the entire thing gets soaked?

I have just been wiping them with a damp cloth thats been rinsed in plain water with some drops of GSE :confused:

My male loves oatmeal and eats it every morning - so that one rope perch gets gobs of oatmeal wiped on it - I'm not sure if my cleaning method is the best :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't taken one apart to see the wire inside, but I'd be very surprised if rust would be a problem with it. Given all of the bending it's designed to do it's probably aluminum. If you know differently let me know, but I bet you'd be ok waterlogging it.

Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts