Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday I'll be a parrotlet mom to a 6 month old boy. I'm beyond excited!
I've been reading lots of online information and have not yet found the room temperature range for a parrotlet. I'd appreciate some information. Thank you馃惁

Registered
Welcome to the forum! Parrotlets can stand temps just like most humans. They are tropical by nature and should be kept in temperatures between 65 and 80 degrees with mild humidity. Never put them where they can get a draft! They need 12 hours of covered sleep each night. They need a cage that they can fly around in ( a wider cage more than a taller cage). At 6 months, your bird may be getting into the terrible twos. They can and will get a little mean and bite you a lot. Just bear with it for a while. There is a lot to know about raising a p'lett. Just ask us all you need to know!

David 馃 馃 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! Parrotlets can stand temps just like most humans. They are tropical by nature and should be kept in temperatures between 65 and 80 degrees with mild humidity. Never put them where they can get a draft! They need 12 hours of covered sleep each night. They need a cage that they can fly around in ( a wider cage more than a taller cage). At 6 months, your bird may be getting into the terrible twos. They can and will get a little mean and bite you a lot. Just bear with it for a while. There is a lot to know about raising a p'lett. Just ask us all you need to know!

David 馃 馃 馃
Thank you David馃挮馃惁

Super Moderator
If you are comfortable then they are comfortable. They can handle cold, they come with their own down coat. The big key to temperature is no sudden dramatic changes and also keep our of wind and breezes since that disrupts their ability to lock their feather and control trapping their heat.

Registered
On Wednesday I'll be a parrotlet mom to a 6 month old boy. I'm beyond excited!
I've been reading lots of online information and have not yet found the room temperature range for a parrotlet. I'd appreciate some information. Thank you馃惁
Do you have a name picked out? What color is he?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are comfortable then they are comfortable. They can handle cold, they come with their own down coat. The big key to temperature is no sudden dramatic changes and also keep our of wind and breezes since that disrupts their ability to lock their feather and control trapping their heat.
Thanks Ozzie!
Do you have a name picked out? What color is he?
He was bright blue when a baby. Now seems to be getting darker! Have some name ideas but must meet him first.

Super Moderator
He was bright blue when a baby. Now seems to be getting darker! Have some name ideas but must meet him first.
I had a couple of blues. The ones I had I got when they were older. They tended to darken a bit during winter and brighten during summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts