Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm stirring my coffee in a coffeemug it makes a kind of tinkling noise, know what I mean?
This makes Bibi go absolutely mad/freaking out/goin' insane, you name it. She doesn't seem particularly angry but she's defenitly excited => fluffy and chittering running around my coffeemug, litterally hopping. It's very funny and cute to see, but leaves me speechless -though giggling- every time again.
Does anyone recognize this (or should I take it as typical Dutch p'let behaviour :p )?

I don't always see the difference between excitement or anger when she's all fluffy. Do you?? Because she's all fluffy when she's happy to see us and wants to kiss with us, but she's fluffy as well when she's pissed (sorry for that one) and goes for your fingers...:confused::confused::confused:
I still haven't unravelled the deeper parts of a p'let soul...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Marjet,

Try taking a plastic shopping bad (paper should work quite well also) and move it around between your hands. The noise this produces should have a similar effect on Bibi as sirring coffee.

I think not being able to figure out these little birds is half the fun.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I get both senarios...Paulie just goes nuts with crinkling celephane. I get the "little puff ball" and what I call screaming when he is excited and happy. When I give him bell pepper seeds.....Oh watch out! He gets so excited it's hard for him to calm down..he just loves them. I just think it's a P'let thing!
Aren't they just adorable??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Leo (our cat) has a plastic ball toy thingy, and Baby goes nuts whenever I crinkle it near her. If I put it on the floor with her and roll it she'll chase after it. Sometimes she beats it up and sometimes she just sits near it.

It's pretty funny. It's definatly a parrotlet thing!:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Marjet, I have the same differentiating between excited-and-angry issue. Nemo seems to go berzerk when my boyfriend goes near him; he starts up a chattering frenzy while being all puffed up and running around like a mad man. I've always taken this as an anger issue with Joe, never ever thought it might be excitement.. hmm.

I agree with Art -- try a plastic bag, it's hilarious.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well Bitsey Jo's is the the broom, I had her on the porch( in her cage) while I was sweeping and the swish of the broom got her all crazy. The birds in the trees were quite interested in her. I had a cardinal fly by her cage, I guess to get a closer look.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That must be great Memmey, to have birds come and watch... I haven't taken Bibi outside yet because of the temperatures here (ánd the holes in her 'dress') but when the weather gets better I defenitely will take her in the garden with me (and yes: in her cage)

Funny how you all recognize the puff ball thing :D ! The plastic worked with great effects as well :D, she had the time of her life.
And what about the sound of their running little feet => adorable as well isn't it? They are shockingly quick!

·
Registered
98 Posts
They sure are quick. Our little girl chases off the cats sometime. They just look at her like she's crazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts