Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

R.I.P. Gypsy. My little Plet died during a beak trim today

Tags
beak trim
1K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  kpenguins48 
#1 ·
Gypsy always had a crooked lower beak that required a trim once a month. Great vet. I knew the dangers, had read up about trimming, understood they could have a heart attack. She had a fear of the white coat in the vet's office.

She was only about 1.5 years old, so so sweet. Never wanted to be anywhere but on my shoulder. I will sorely miss her.

Goodbye Gypsy Miller. Loved ya!

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
That's a beautiful picture of Gypsy. I'm sorry that she passed. My condolences.

#17 ·
Thank you everyone for your condolences. Today was very hard. I constantly was wondering where she was! I have a home office so all day long she would be on my shoulder, so I had procedures to be careful, so I wouldn't sit on her, etc. There was a constant need to know exactly where she was at all times. If I did put her in her habitat (hate that word 'cage'), she would chip once per second, so we ended up calling her a nickname: Chippy. In fact, I was in the process of getting finding a mate for her so she would be out of the danger, she would fall in love with her own kind.

The vet tech had started to cry and I consoled the vet it wasn't her fault. After all, we've done it about ten times before. I would advise not to get a Plet with a crooked beak though, or else you will run the risk of this every few weeks.

So thank you all. Perhaps in a few months I will look in the Chicago area for a hand raised baby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.