Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gypsy always had a crooked lower beak that required a trim once a month. Great vet. I knew the dangers, had read up about trimming, understood they could have a heart attack. She had a fear of the white coat in the vet's office.

She was only about 1.5 years old, so so sweet. Never wanted to be anywhere but on my shoulder. I will sorely miss her.

Goodbye Gypsy Miller. Loved ya!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. You did everything you could, and loved her. That is all we can ever hope for.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
:eek::eek::eek:!!!
Oh MY, NO! I am so sorry to hear this! It goes to show you how quickly things can go wrong even when someone does things right. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo Sooooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyy!:(

david miller.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So sorry for your loss :(
Fly free, little Gypsy! She'll be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge, I'm sure!

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It pains my heart. I understand this is not an easy time, you are in my thoughts. :(

·
Registered
475 Posts
That's a beautiful picture of Gypsy. I'm sorry that she passed. My condolences.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you everyone for your condolences. Today was very hard. I constantly was wondering where she was! I have a home office so all day long she would be on my shoulder, so I had procedures to be careful, so I wouldn't sit on her, etc. There was a constant need to know exactly where she was at all times. If I did put her in her habitat (hate that word 'cage'), she would chip once per second, so we ended up calling her a nickname: Chippy. In fact, I was in the process of getting finding a mate for her so she would be out of the danger, she would fall in love with her own kind.

The vet tech had started to cry and I consoled the vet it wasn't her fault. After all, we've done it about ten times before. I would advise not to get a Plet with a crooked beak though, or else you will run the risk of this every few weeks.

So thank you all. Perhaps in a few months I will look in the Chicago area for a hand raised baby.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I'm so very sorry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts