Quiet vs warm for sleeping?

• Quiet - his own bedroom / 67- 68 degrees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minor sounds (in neighboring room) / 73-74 degrees

Votes: 1 100.0%

Quiet vs warm?

681 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Healyx5 
#1 ·
Hello. I am wondering what the thoughts out there are on sleep. I have the option of having my bird in a room that is warm, as in about 74°, but he may hear a little bit of noise from the neighboring rooms. He would not see anything as far as people walking by though. And I do cover his cage mostly. Option B is having his own room. The only thing is that room tends to be the coolest in the house and get down around 67 at night. For his optimal health and mental well-being, should I go for option a. warmer (73-74) with a little more sound or b. silent but a little bit cooler (67-68)? All advice appreciated!!!!

#2 ·
Sorry that I have been away for a few days. I am old and not too well. Noise really doesn't bother a bird at night unless it is loud and all night long. They do have to have darkness. If your bird is in another room at night and it never gets below 67 degrees, he should be fine as long as there is no drafts on him. It is getting winter and will the temps be dropping in that room? I wouldn't let the temp get below the 67 degree mark. The cooler it is for a tropical bird, the more energy it takes for him to keep his temperature up and regulated. Covering him is a must. It is suggested that a cover must cover the top two-thirds of the cage all the way around it. It is only a suggestion.

P'letts can live in the temperature we can live in and tolerate. But remember, when we get cold, we put on a sweater to keep warmer. Your bird will have to puff up all night if it gets too cold. This takes energy away from him, but he will survive.

Just to be sure, I always have my mineral oil radiator going to regulate the temperature. It is quiet, clean and self contained. I put it near the cage on low or the medium setting.

To solve your problem, I would put your bird in the 74 degree room with a little noise in the adjacent rooms, unless it is party time all night long. He will sleep.

Dave

#3 ·
Sorry that I have been away for a few days. I am old and not too well. Noise really doesn't bother a bird at night unless it is loud and all night long. They do have to have darkness. If your bird is in another room at night and it never gets below 67 degrees, he should be fine as long as there is no drafts on him. It is getting winter and will the temps be dropping in that room? I wouldn't let the temp get below the 67 degree mark. The cooler it is for a tropical bird, the more energy it takes for him to keep his temperature up and regulated. Covering him is a must. It is suggested that a cover must cover the top two-thirds of the cage all the way around it. It is only a suggestion.

P'letts can live in the temperature we can live in and tolerate. But remember, when we get cold, we put on a sweater to keep warmer. Your bird will have to puff up all night if it gets too cold. This takes energy away from him, but he will survive.

Just to be sure, I always have my mineral oil radiator going to regulate the temperature. It is quiet, clean and self contained. I put it near the cage on low or the medium setting.

To solve your problem, I would put your bird in the 74 degree room with a little noise in the adjacent rooms, unless it is party time all night long. He will sleep.

Dave
Thank you Dave!!!

#4 ·
Either option seems workable. If you are comfortable then they are comfortable so while 68 is a bit cool it is well within parameters and as long as there is no breeze or draft they would do fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.