Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a 26x20x38 a good cage? It has a bid stand on top of it. Here is a piX:

Know a a guy that is selling it pretty cheap!! ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
it's ok, better than something smaller. But bigger is still better for parrotlets.

I don't recommend or allow anything smaller than the 21 x 32 x 35 cages for parrotlets as their permanent home. But that is a nice cage and would be a good quick fix if you can get a good deal on it. Then you could keep it as a spare for another part of the home :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am starting to shop now. That careguide that you gave me. It had a list of stuff I needed to get. All I need now... is a few playstands and a bigger cage, but the rest I got! :D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
32" wide x 21" deep x 62-1/4" high

there is a sight that does free shipping. The deminsions are up above. It is $160 for the cage including stand.

I beleive I am giong to try for that.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
my cage is
Dimensions: 32" wide x 21" deep x 32" high
Overall height 59"
Bar Spacing 1/2"

if interested on where I got it PM. mine was only $119 w/ shipping.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I would buy from Andrea if possible. I do believe in supporting the "little guy." I wasn't paying attention lol. I was just like oh a cage, well I'll post mine. I like my cage, it's fun studying and watching Gelato play all over it and tease my cats. They aren't allowed near the cage, so they sit about 5 feet away from it.

Gelato will flutter down to the bottom and bounce all over the bottom to tease them. Naughty little bird.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The first one is a bit small, but I like every cage mentioned afterward! It is so wonderful for the birds, but ALSO fun to furnish for us, ha.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just a quick note: Birds fly across, not up and down. Therefore the internal cage height is the least importand dimention. Aim for a cage that is wide and/or deep.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I am going to buy the cheapest. Sorry, I am a cheap-skate. I think either Catfish's price or Andrea's Price.

Catfish check you Pm. I want to know how much shipping is the the $119 that you showed me. If it is under $160 I will purchase that. If it is over I will purchase Andrea's... but be warned!

I still have to talk to the parents about the online shipping and this order will be near Christmas since I get about $125 every Christmas + some $ from other family members.

Art: Still got that in my mind. It is just Kiwi is in a 22x20x30 right now... I really want a bigger cage. I am improving Hedgie cage, frog tank, AND bird cage.

The hedgie cage is done. I am expecting in the mail anyday now --thank-god for gift cards when online shopping!-- I got most of the supplies to redo my 20 gallon long fbt tank. And Kiwi is about to hit his mansion around Christmas Time.

So everthing is giong out smoothly!

·
Registered
794 Posts
A couple that sells cages at bird shows, which I got my cage from for dirt cheap - Parrotmount Aviaries.
They sell birds and cages, and toys.
They have really good prices.

Here is their website:
http://www.parrotmount.com/

Here is their ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZeibirds

Currently there is bidding going on, for the general cage that most people have....you may want to check into it. Right now it's only at $47. With three people competing, and only two days left.
Again, you may want to check into it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bird-Cage-Fligh...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am not doing anything til Christmas. This gives me some time to save up a bit... and get into the groove... so-to-say.

Just checking out webbies and online store since the Great Southern IL *sarcastic* is not going to have bird shows or nice big cages in a 3 hr. drive radius. If you get my drift. It is sooo hard to find everthing here without purchasing online.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Regarding the cage in the first picture. Apparently the way the decorative bars on the stand are a lady had Parrot slide down the leg and get its head caught in the “V” at the bottom – Just a heads up for anyone interested in that style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts