Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. June, my pacific parrotlet is 3 years old. Last year she started laying eggs. We do not have a male. She laid two eggs and each time we had to take her into the vet for some medication to help Her relax and lay them. We've tried all kinds of things such as her diet, re arranging her cage, limiting daylight hours etc .. Her last egg was in September. It's looking like her vent area is swollen again now and she's going to lay another. What is a common time frame once you've noticed the swelling before they lay the egg? I have medicine here now to help her relax. She's covered in a quiet room with beating materials also.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Hi, I have a female that started laying eggs when she was six mths old back in October. I tried everything you mentioned as well as letting her keep the eggs. Nothing worked until I put her on a daily oral dose of Harrisons Releaves. Within a week of giving it to her I noticed her attitude change from broodie to normal. It has been about five weeks now since I started giving it to her and she hasn't laid an egg since. About the longest time since October when it all started.

I usually noticed her acting broodie about a week before an egg or multiple eggs.

Here is the vet link that talks about it but you can also read about it on the Harrisons website.
http://www.exoticdvm.com/releaves

1 - 2 of 2 Posts