Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I got the thermo perch I ordered and had to send it back. Even the small one was too big for my little guy. After reading that PSA, I'm glad I did. I found out the hard way last year with my television during a snow storm that surge protecters don't always work. I think I'll just invest in a heated panel that he won't come into direct contact with.
Please say more about the Heated Panels? I’m interested in getting one for Willie’s cage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is really good to know as I look at these and the same brand’s snuggle plate thing every now and again! They’re not available in the UK and running one here would require using an adapter, because our mains voltage is a lot higher. This thread has cured me of any temptation now!

For anyone looking for alternatives, I use black heat bulbs like these in cheap reptile lamps clamped to the outside of the cage. Not as neat a solution, for sure, but makes adding heat quite flexible, especially if you add a smart plug :)

For sick birds I also use reptile heat mats in the bottom of the cage, under the woodchip (or under the cage for nibblers!). Add a towel over the top and it traps a nice amount of gentle heat.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts