Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all. We are taking baby steps but are miles away from where we started. My previous posts are full of despair - this is a happy one! While he still doesn't like hands AT ALL, Pig loves coming out on my shoulder and playing around. He even lets me give him kisses!! It's the funniest thing - he looks at me all wide eyed and offended, but I know he loves it. I'm so excited to be finally forming some sort of bond with my little guy. He's gaining so much confidence every day. He will now climb up to his play gym that sits on top of his cage and can find his way back down. He says, "What are you doing?", "You're a pretty bird!", "Gimme kiss kissy sounds", and "You a good boy?" He loves coming out of his cage to play and socialize. Sometimes he will still freak out a little and take off flying around (and then bite the crap out of me when I get him), but I have faith that we will get past that. I am so glad I didn't give up on him. I do worry about how hard he nibbles when he's checking out my ear lobes or neck, so any advice to stop that is greatly appreciated. Thanks for encouraging me to have patience with the little butthead! He'll let me hold him soon enough!
Smile Hand Bird Organ Neck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts