Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had tried either freeze dried or frozen chop and if there were any brand recommendations or brands to stay away from?
Tofu usually has some of the bird safe, fresh veggies that we have during the week (I eat a lot of salad and now work at home so I just make sure I buy things she can have and share) but my partner and I both work rather demanding jobs and by the end of the week we’re tired, we live in the countryside and the journey to the store for veggies is hard in the winter, we don’t want to prepare anything, we’ve already tried preparing it earlier in the week and freezing it. I would just like to have something premade and easy to prepare for her on hand!
This wouldn’t replace the fresh veggies we give her during the week but just to supplement her diet so she can at least have some vegetables daily. I know any type of food is going to be a trial and error process so I would appreciate some brand recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
I don’t know of any frozen or premade chop. I totally get what you mean, wanting something easy on those days when work wipes you out. Perhaps you could make a chop and freeze it during less busy times? Alternatively, maybe just some chunks of fresh veggies could work. Some birds love to chomp on a chunk of corn on the cig or a large chunk of broccoli (Kiwi’s favourite). I have given Kiwi thawed peas and corn before as well and she has always enjoyed that. Oh, and the seed pod from bell peppers are always a hit. While chop has many benefits, individual veggies are an easy option as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts