Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures that I promised that I would post this week. I NEVER break promises ;) *only if they have don't have any common sense to them :p *

Here is the toy:

Here is Kiwi with his new toy:

My Favorite Pix!:

~* That is handmade. I hoised eveythign together with thick red string. I used a needle and poked through the Pom Pons and tied them to the red thick string. You can see the bell and plastic shapes (shapes at the end of each string) and wooden wood chews (flavored) and all sorts of beads (If you look closely in one of the pictures, he is chewing on a button.. yah! I actually gave him my buttons that I have no use for now that they fallen off my dress shirts).

It was fun to make. I think I might make more of those but with more variety to them. It is better than giong out to by a small toy for $6, when you can get cheap supplies and make something your self practically for free!!! :D *and no I am not a tight-wad! :rolleyes: .... or cheap-skate... Lol.*

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really takes the stress off of you, but if you are giong to have both your birds there, make sure you keep the toy that you are working on away from them. :D --Long story short--

It is like the MOST colorfulest thing in Kiwi's cage right now. It is glittery too.

Thanks for comments. :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Great toy!

My only concern is regarding what materials the pieces are made of. These little guys have a tendency of 'removing' pieces of toy and eating them :D. Just make sure whatever they bite off will make it out the other end and won't harm them going through ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Very nice Rebecca - It looks better than a store bought toy :) - and Kiwi likes it, thats the best part :D

Does the glittery stuff come off? - can he eat it?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pado:
Well, with the last thread I made. I tried ripping, pulling, and shreading. They are hard peices of fluff! They were pretty hard to stick with a needle too. The middle is like a very thick "matt" After all that "destroying" I relize that they couldnt be shreaded apart.

With the glitter balls. I tried to rip the glitter off. My cockatiel, Sonnie, is really fond of ripping everything I give him. I didnt see nothing on my "white" floor that looked like the colorfulballs or shiny things.

Overall, I havent seen anything on the cage floor of Kiwi's cage. I was watching him today, murderlizing it. Again, I didnt see anything colorful or glittery on the cage floor or his mouth.

Art:
I cant think of anything dismembered or digested on that toy. It is hard beads and glass beads tied really hard together with tough string. These are the types of things that I lay out on the floor for my cockateil and Kiwi to hang out together with. I never did see any on them eat something of this (my small beads were a BIG no, no to lay out on the floor. I had commonsense on that one!:D )

Those wood chews are digestable too. I see them on many bird toys, that is were I got them from ;).

But I will keep a close look-out for anything suspicious (sp?) !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the comments. He loves it more than his "favorite toy".

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The Christmas comment made me think, you could make one for Christmas actually. Would be so pretty!

·
Registered
16 Posts
:D Very nicely done!
I have been doing beading for humans for a few years now, maybe I should start doing it for my little buddy as well. LOL. TY for the awesome idea and the pix.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No prob. Anytime.

They are really fun to make, and while you make them.... Let you buddy explore the different things that you are using. Kiwi and Sonnie enjoyed it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts