Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Binky is pushing 3 1/2 years, and has been very healthy, but recently developed polyuria. He has excess urine in his stools, although his feces and urates seem normal for the most part.

I did have him into the Small Animal Clinic at Purdue, where they did bloodwork and screening for infections. Nothing definite, unfortunately. No x-rays or other imaging done at this time.

He is still active, eating and drinking, not lethargic. Diet is seeds, veggies and egg. Doesn't seem excessively thirsty. Gets plenty of fly-time and only in his cage at night.

Has anyone else ever had a p-let with long term (talking about 2 mos. now) polyuria?

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Polyuria can happen for many reasons. Some common treatments form vets are antibiotics or antifungal medicines. There are many, many, many reasons your bird is experiencing this...and this is a serious problem if it is really polyuria. One thing you do need is a Gram smear done. This will help, but of all I know, you must take your bird to an avian vet. This is a complicated disease and you need a qualified vet to see this through.

David

·
Super Moderator
6,666 Posts
I am sorry, I have never heard of this! Any updates on how your little one is doing?

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
Same here. None of my guys have had this problem and I am not sure I know anybody that has. Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts