Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Gelato was raised near 2 budgies until I found a home for them (took them in thinking I could get them adopted out quickly....2 years later finally found them a good home). Now i knew he would learn to mimic them, but I never thought that he would do it ALL the time. I like budgies, b ut will never own them again. . .

He sounds IDENTICAL to them when they would bicker and even mimics their little chirps. In fact, it's like those little birds never left.... Silly p'let talks like a budgie. He never did that all that much when the budgies were here, now that it's been a month since they were here he is doing it all the time. It's like he misses all their noise.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what's weird is that he hated them being in the room. When they would even make a noise he would fluff up and start screaming.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gah! I hope they don't come back to me though. The person that adopted them is a really good girl. She has a lot of experience with birds and was wanting to tame them. I had them semi tamed to where I could do I needed to do with them... but they didn't want to play like the quakers or the p'let.

I really don't miss the mess or the noise...

·
Registered
514 Posts
That's really funny that he sounds just like the budgies. Budgies and plets sound so different. Must be funny to hear!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My grey does a cockateil to drive me nuts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Please explain this...Bitsey Jo will make a wren sound in the middle of the night. I mean around 3 or 3:30 in the morning. What is that?????? FYI I don't think that wrens are nocturnal. Is the girl dreaming?:confused:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Memmey - I guess she could be dreaming :confused: :)

I think the House Wren's alarm call is similar to the Parrotlets disapproval chatter - maybe Jo' is disapproving of something in her dream :eek:

Actually, I remember someone else posting that their Parrotlet made sounds during the night - my birds sleep in a different room downstairs so I never hear them at night - Does anyone's else's P'let's make night sounds?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Oscar does. It is quite loud to believe its occuring while he is asleep.

But, he does it all hours of the night, but not everynight.

He makes sounds as if he were trying to talk English/Human language. It's just a bunch of nothing. But it's not chirping.

We could probably find info by searching on Google. I will try.

;)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Chipper is SILENT as soon as we cover her! She gets under her toy right away and goes to sleep. Here she is waking up.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh. my. G-D. He won't stop this morning~ I have a giant budgie voice coming from his cage and this has set off the quakers.... which now has the 3 cats tearing through the house chasing after each other....

:eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's so cute Catfish! Look at what that little guy can do to the quakers and cats!

Memmey: Boji doesn't make a sound too when he's sleeping. Well, maybe an occasional small chirp once in a while, but other than that he's usually quiet.

Nick: Boji does the "human" talk thingy too, but he does it when he's awake. It sounds like he's trying to mumble/speak something since it doesn't sound bird like at all. It's quite amusing to hear.:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Finn has picked up Budgie begging (we were feeding two and nursing one back to health after he nearly died), and a the Caique's gurgling/purring. He also trys to 'talk' to me. He's silent at night, but chirps at himself until he falls asleep. :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
That's so cute Catfish! Look at what that little guy can do to the quakers and cats!

Nick: Boji does the "human" talk thingy too, but he does it when he's awake. It sounds like he's trying to mumble/speak something since it doesn't sound bird like at all. It's quite amusing to hear.:D

Yea, Oscar does it mostly during the day. Now that i've had it on my mind, I have been paying more attention to when he does it. I noticed that he does it when he is usually sleeping, but there is a t/v on or a light on, etc.

:)

·
Registered
536 Posts
No noise from Paulie at night. He says "it's time...nite, nite" starting at about 8:30 and as soon as I cover him it's off to dreamland.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts