Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I would be greatly appreciative if anyone can tell me what is wrong with my parrotlet he seem to be sore on toes and it’s redness but he is playful and nothing seem to be bothering should I worry? Thank you in advance
Bird Pet supply Beak Bird supply Mesh

Bird Window Terrestrial plant Twig Plant

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Yes I agree with Dana. He should definitely see an avian vet about that. It doesn’t look normal at all. If you had other birds, I would be suspicious of toe biting. It is definitely something that needs treating. It is odd that it is on top of his feet like that. Birds can get sores on their feet from perches that are too rough, like cement or sandpaper perches, if they are in a place in the cage where they sit on them too long. But that wouldn’t be this case. Poor little guy. They hide illness and pain extremely well (something that helps them survive in the wild) so even if he is acting normal, he could be in pain. An avian vet will help you sort this out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I agree with Dana. He should definitely see an avian vet about that. It doesn’t look normal at all. If you had other birds, I would be suspicious of toe biting. It is definitely something that needs treating. It is odd that it is on top of his feet like that. Birds can get sores on their feet from perches that are too rough, like cement or sandpaper perches, if they are in a place in the cage where they sit on them too long. But that wouldn’t be this case. Poor little guy. They hide illness and pain extremely well (something that helps them survive in the wild) so even if he is acting normal, he could be in pain. An avian vet will help you sort this out.
Thanks for the advice will take him asap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for the advice will take him asap

·
Administrator
5,396 Posts
Can't tell from the picture if he stepped in something or this is a sore. If a sore then I suggest an avian vet. To many possible issue to diagnose on internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts