Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am just wondering what you guys do to 'play' with your parrotlets? What do they enjoy doing with you?

Another question on the same note, did anyone have to teach their parrotlet how to play?? The one thing I have noticed about my new little girl is that she doesnt know how to play (or seem to want to)! She's got a cage full of toys and doesnt touch any of them. She spends most of her time just sitting there, cleaning herself, napping or eating. :)

Jen :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
emmy is pretty mellow compared to the average parrotlet that is playful and curious. that is one of the reasons why we can leave her cage open at all times - she only comes out on her own when its fly/play time. emmy pretty much just eats, stretches, bathes and sleeps in her cage. rarely does she play with her toys. when we take her out, she just sits with us until she needs to go potty then she will fly home. play time is when she flies around the house - she waits for us to call her then she will step down and get ready to fly - then i have to 'chase' her around :p one thing about emmy that i am very greatful for is that she doesn't bite or nip!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Green rump

I just read some info that the Green Rump p'let is by nature shy and gentle. They are the smallest and are pretty hardy for their size. They sometimes will have beak abnormalities. Anyway....The International Parrotlet Association, go look. Oh yeah pronounce the "t" when we say parrotlet( I also read that). Read Learn read learn read learn.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts