Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already know to use high quality pellets, but what type of bird pellets should I be buying? Tiel? Parakeet?...

·
Registered
794 Posts
CATFISH: (In another thread) I don't think most people feed their p'lets strictly pellets anyways because it can cause kidney issues with them because they are just so small. Most of us use seed and fresh foods, with pellets offered if they want to eat them.
Hes right. Oscar and Maya's diet is seed, fruits, veggies, birdie bread, and pellets if he wants, which he doesn't eat much.

It seems to me that pellets aren't that appealing to parrotlets. That may be why Emmey isn't eating it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The best are harrison's and roudybush, major difference is that harrison's is organic.

The next I would say zupreem and kaytee and lafeber. There are a few brands out there, but most (if not all) vets will say to go w/ Harrison's and/or roudybush, if that is not an option than zupreem and the others are okay to give.

I give cockatiel sized pellets if I have it... and sometimes the conure size if that is all I have. Gelato doesn't really like them, he prefers beak apetit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I already know about the name brands. I use Rowdybush, but I wanted to know what type of bird. I don't think their's one out there that says Parrotlet on the lable, right?

·
Registered
89 Posts
If the pellets seem unappetizing, it might be their size. I crush some up with a mortar and pestle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts