1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is new pictures of peanut!

The evil cone of doom:

Fingers not always bad!

Here is her new outfit, Getting her out of the cone :) she has a hole in it so her good wing comes out, she looks like a MUMMY! I make little tabs at the top by pressing the vet wrap together and that seems to keep her occupied with chewing!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Did the vet say that she would ever be able to fly? I was reading about birds that have suffered a broken wing and from what I have briefly read she may not be able to.
If she can't( and I pray she can) I guess you will have to watch her if she attempts to fly. That is what it seems happens with little Sparky (Art p'let), he attempts to still fly and that when he gets hurt.
Thanks for the photos, it's hard to look at them and not want to cry but maybe someone will learn from the accident just what horrible things can happen to a baby.
How is she mentally? Has it changed her little personality? She has got to be confused? I wonder how much pain she has suffered? Lots of questions but I am curious how this will resolve. Anything you can share might help someone else.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Me to Sally. Maybe it will heal correctly. We should all say our prayers for her. She has plently of reason not to trust. She must be a good little girl.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The odds should be a bit better for her I would think, that a really big bird. She is so light that maybe she will be able to fly a bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, It was at least her crooked wing, So she is used to it being a bit "Off" She still tries to bite when i take her out but seems to have realized that i'm not such a bad person.

I had to make her a pillow for the bottom of her cage! the vet said no perches but as I am sure you all know, She is STUBBORN!!! So she kept falling from the wall of the cage and going THUD so I just made her a "Landing Pad"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts