Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Im Natalie and I recently got owned by the cutest squidgy ball of feathers, also known as a Parrotlet.
He was all alone after being sold as a budgie:eek: to a rather inexpierienced breeder who then put 'Gary' ( thats his new name!) in with thier prized budgies!!! do i need to go on!!
So horrified at thier new budgie killing purchase they got rid of Gary sharpish.
So now he is with us forever.:D
A little concerend though, he appears to be partialy sighted. Its not stopping him from exploring his cage or eating.
Im also owned by 1 Indian ringneck called Marley, a tiel named woody and a kakariki called piggy oh and a dog called patch , half a dozen african landsnails and 3 kids:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D Hi my name is Mike & am a newby here myself. Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your babies problem. I have a Cockatiel that the breeder put in with Sun Conure babies & they blinded him by scratching his left eye while fighting to get handfed. Stitch as he is called however has no problem at all with his handicap & has produced some of our best looking babies & is what I call the meistersinger, the bird that has the best singing ability & leads them in the morning & evening singalongs. :D
WELCOME
Mike Barker

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Welcome aboard to both!

Natelie,

My birds often act blind though both eyes work ;) . Good luck with you new little guy and the rest of the troop - land snails huh, I bet they're a handfull :D :D :D .

Mike,

Sorry to hear about Stitch's eye. I guess since he lost it young, he's adapted fine - it is my understanding that with older birds, the loss of an eye can make them jumpy since their field of vision is reduced.

Good luck to both,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Natalie can you imagine the havoc the p'let wrought on a cage of budgies...oh my...like the terminator! Glad you have him now and he can be a p'let not a budgie on steriods. Do you think like Mike's bird that his little eyes got injured? or if could be as Art mentioned in anothet post about him being an albino. Glad to meet you both and welcome here with us.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi natlie i have got a lutino parrotlet he is blind but he gets around great he even lives with his girlfriend hope he copes ok :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts