Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im setting up a pretty large aviary, with a 1x3 meters indoor room, and about 5 times that outdoor aviary for them. I just want to sit back and enjoy my birds, and have no real intention on breeding them. I might set up a smaller aviary where I can move potential breeders, but for now my only focus is to have a big community aviary with a few tils, budgeries, kakariki and maybe catarina parakeets. The parrotlest looks like a perfect main attractions in my aviary, but sadly much of the information I can find online says they dont mix well with other birds. Oddly enough, I got a old book saying the opposit...

Are there anyone here who has any experience with keeping parrotles, mainly the Lessons, in a comminty aviary or with other birds?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hanzo,

First of all, welcome aboard.

Regarding the aviary: the issues you raise are very dependent on the individual birds. There some owners that have a parrotlet and a parakeet living together and they are best friends. We also have owners on this site that have one or murders under their belts. That said, putting a parrotlet in with the rest of the birds you list is asking for trouble!

Regards,

Art S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts