Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. This is my first Christmas with Malibu, my first bird, so I don't know what's allowed in the world of Christmas trees. Are they allowed at all? Can they not be in the same room as the bird? Please tell me what's up with Christmas trees and Parrotlets as a mix.

Thank you soooo much in advance! :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
We have a live tree every year with no troubles. Just be sure the bird doesn't chew on any ornaments or wires, if he's the adventurous type and wants to explore. Same for any chocolate/candy canes on the tree, and I would absolutely avoid tinsel in any household with pets.

If you can get your bird to perch on the tree, it makes a great photo op. ;)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have an artificial tree that Sadie just ignores. If you are talking about the aroma from the trees and birds in the house together, I do not know. I was wondering about that myself.

I am careful about chocolate in the house all year long. Sadie does fly down to the floor often and then of course tries to pick up any small crumbs she sees.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

my babies last year in front of our (fake) Christmas tree---
They pretty much stayed away from it but allowed me a few photos
They are always closely supervised anytime they are out of the cage

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had just come here to ask this same question! We usually buy a real tree but had not made a decision this year about doing so.

Do the LED lights have lead in them too?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I always have live trees with my birds. The only problem is that when they fly on to the tree they are hard to find. I keep them off of the tree in order to keep them from chewing on stuff. After I take the ornaments and lights off, I let them play in it for a day before I take it out.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Steph, that is the sweetest pic of B&B it melts my heart. i am such a slacker I need to get the camers out and start snapping. I still havent taken any pics of our new CAG.

·
Registered
351 Posts
naughty kermit last year... can you see him (blue crowned conure)

How about now?

He was removed immediatly after the pic was taken, as none of the birds are allowed in the tree. He was a cute angel though!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've tried before just putting Kiwi on a pine bough for a quick pic before and he wanted nothing to do with it. I think he thought it was pricky!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everybody! Much appreciated! Malibu is doing GREAT, we've only had him for two or so months now but he finally seems, well, attached to us- now we can take him out almost effortlessly, then set him on a shoulder or a knee or a forearm and he'll sit there contentedly. The other day he was on my hand and he started climbing inside my sleeve all the way up to my neck where he started playing in my hair!! :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts