Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Gelato's personality has changed within the 7 months I've had him. I syringe fed him myself for 2 weeks while trying to wean him and each month he seems to change and become more confident.

At first he was really timid and would hide on my shoulder. He wouldn't play all that much. Over time he began to learn to fly and would fly from cage to me and back again. He would play a little bit more with his toys. Now that he is 7 months old he is independent, loves his toys, loves to fly, and just seems to be a clown. He is not the same bird I first got, which is a good thing. :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
I guess it varies for every bird.

Because, Oscar is just like Gelato (Catfish's parrotlet), but always has been that way. Ever since I weaned him from handfeeding, he was curious, playful, and happy.

So i'm assuming it's different for every bird.

Currently, Oscar is 5 months old and it seems like he is becoming more mature, yet still a clown!
:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I have had Chipper for a year and 7 months. She continues to be more interesting, more fun, and we get closer all the time. She makes more and more little sounds too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think they do change, but maybe some of it is just us being more aware of what they will do or how they will react in a given situation. Either way they are just little fuzzy clowns! :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bibi became much more outgoing and makes a happier impression to me than when she came (though she responded really friendly to her former mom when she came to visit us)
She seems to have more selfconfiedence and trusts us to preen her.
She just needed her time to get at home here (wich took about a couple of weeks) and then changed a bit in time just like kids change when they grow up :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Pistol Pete's Personality Development

Pistol Pete is now 10 months old and has been a welcome family addition from the outset. The genesis of our question has been very definite boosts in self-confidence and independence that have accompanied learning and then mastery of fundamental flight skills including floor-plan navigation and hazard avoidance. He is a pistol. Pete is as affectionate, curiously 'clingy,' and playful as ever, but he will exercise his own free will when he becomes bored with or just doesn't want participate in whatever activity one of us humans may be imposing on him (because he's so cute) by flitting off and playing tag locally or by flying off to another room, another family member, and refuge. When we first brought Pete home at about 3 months his clipped wings limited independent movement and made for a very dependent little guy. Now he has all of his primary flight feathers and, as we tell him every day, "I have beautiful wings. I can fly." With flight has come an engagingly plucky (no, not plucking) approach to just about everything.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Aren't they just wonder-full! They love life and everything in it. We could learn a lot. They have an opinion about everything and never hesitate to let it be known.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts