Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been trying since i got her in July to teach her to step up from the front she does it perfectly fine on a p Bird Plant Beak Parrot Feather
erch and when i put my finger behind her but the second i try go in from the front she either runs away or just bites me as hard as she can then ends up leaving even if i pretend it doesn't hurt, any help here?

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
You are bringing your finger in from below her? From above is always an issue.
Have you found her a favorite treat yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are bringing your finger in from below her? From above is always an issue.
Have you found her a favorite treat yet?
Yep it's just no matter what angle i go at besides from behind she'll angrily look at my finger then bite very hard when i get close enough, it's pretty weird considering once she's on my finger she's fine with it and her favorite treat would have to be sunflower seeds or millet, she loves them.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Ive been working on my guy giving "kisses" I appears to be the beginning of a bite, but I say "kisses" then he looks at me and nibbles lightly. I am hoping this continues and then I can work again on step up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been working on my guy giving "kisses" I appears to be the beginning of a bite, but I say "kisses" then he looks at me and nibbles lightly. I am hoping this continues and then I can work again on step up.
Oh actually she can already do that, she did the same biting thing but i just taught her to press her beak against my face instead then she gets a treat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts