Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find links to learn what pairs and genetics are going to produce healthy and unhealthy birds. I also want to know the basics like what colors you can and can't pair. I want to be able to understand the genetics but I can't find any sources that cover all the colors there are, and the ones I do find just tell me what colors I will get, regardless of health. I do also want to know when a bird has been properly or improperly bred.. I am trying to learn but can't find the answers or info I am looking for..

On a side note, will a properly bred turquoise split fallow/yellow make healthy babies with a turquoise split blue/fallow/yellow?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
I cannot help you with the color mutations of the parrotlet. I can tell you that if your primary concern is producing healthy birds, the standard advice is that at least one mate should be green. In an effort to produce different color options, many mutations are the product of inbreeding, and can lead to health issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,580 Posts
Hello! I also have no expert advice on this one. I do know that fallow mutations and splits must be very carefully paired or you can end up with seriously unhealthy birds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts