Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
First everything is always depended on the bird in question. They are all very much their own individuals.
I have been on this site since 2013 and have been a parrotlet owner all that time. During that time I have heard many bad stories about breeders pushing birds out early so I am a bit against early pickups. I tend to leave them with the breeder for a bit longer as long as they are still getting support. Anything short of 8 weeks can be a bit iffy depending on the bird. I got my latest parrotlet Rio last year at a little over 8 weeks old. Given that he did regress a bit and did a bunch of baby food begging. We were lucky in that Jules my older hen adopted him and fed him a bit for a week or two. I am pretty sure at 6 weeks there would have been issues even though many breeders are ok with that timing. But from a breeder point of view the quicker out the more profitable the bird is.

Reactions: jinxedshinx

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
Congrats on your new adventure with Bille. For now make sure she has millet available 24x7. It is a good simple energy food for a young bird.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts