Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. I was hoping you all could help me out with some info regarding how I should introduce a 12 week old cockatiel that I will be adopting this weekend to my 1 year old parrotlet George. The cockatiel is currently being fostered by a friend who also owns a parrotlet and another cockatiel and the baby seems to be getting along with them all very well buuuut...my George has never interacted with another bird before so I'm unsure of how he'll react. The cockatiel will have its own cage and I plan on leaving both birds in their cages when I'm not around to observe their behavior but beyond that, I'm clueless. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I wouldn't trust a parrotlet to be honest... they can be a little aggressive from what I read... i don't if it was here or not, but I recall a parrotlet biting the tip of a an amazon's toe off. Mine often tries to attack my quaker which is much larger then him, he has also dive bombed the budgie cage... just be careful if you have them out together...

some people have had success with their parrotlets and other species, mine is too much of a bully to do that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks catfish. I have a friend who keeps a cockatiel and a parrotlet and they get along fine and even sleep in the same cage but their parrotlet is not at all like my George so I only plan on letting them both out of their cages at the same time if I'm in the room to supervise :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts