Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Albino - Pure white parrotlet with red eyes. Males are visually indistinguishable from females unless held under a black light, blue becomes evident. DNA sexing can also be used to differentiate sex.
Blue - Color can be light powder blue to turquoise. Dark eyed mutation. Males retain dark cobalt markings.
Cinnamon (Recessive) - Also known as Isabelle in Europe. Light yellow with more beige and green than fallow. Eyes are deep ruby red.
Cinnamon (Sex Linked) - Also known as "Pallid" in Europe. Similar in appearance to the recessive cinnamon but the first known sex linked mutation.
Dilute (formerly "American Yellow") - Yellowish green parrotlet with black eyes. Males retain blue eye streak, flights, back and wings although sometimes they appear violet.
Dilute-Blue (formerly "American White") - Combination of the dilute and blue mutations. Light, sky blue with patches of white. Dark eyes and males retain blue markings.
Fallow - Light yellow with beige and green. Bright yellow face and bright red eyes. Males retain blue markings that are lighter and have violet instead of blue markings.
Fallow-Blue - Combination of blue and fallow. Blue bird with red eyes. Males retain blue markings.
Fallow-Yellow - Combination of fallow and yellow. Bright yellow bird with red eyes. Different from lutino in that males retain blue markings.
Gray-Green - Green parrotlet with dark gray overcast. Eyes are dark. Males retain blue markings.
Lutino - Bright yellow parrotlet with red eyes. Males have white instead of blue markings.

Pastel - Also known as European Yellow. Yellow bird with more green than in the American yellow. Males retain blue markings. Eyes are dark.
Pied (Recessive) - Green bird with yellow feathers scattered over the body and head. Dark eyed and males retain blue markings. In the blue mutation, the yellow feathers are replaced with white. Pied (Dominant) - Similar in appearance to recessive pied but the inheritance mode is dominant. So far, the only dominant mutation parrotlet.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It would be really cool to have pictures of each of the mutations (both male and female). If anyone has any of the versions, please post a picture.

Thanks,

Art S.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree, I'm trying to learn what birds to breed to create certain colors. It is very confusing and pictures would be wonderful to have.

Julie

It would be really cool to have pictures of each of the mutations (both male and female). If anyone has any of the versions, please post a picture.

Thanks,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I agree, I'm trying to learn what birds to breed to create certain colors. It is very confusing and pictures would be wonderful to have.

Julie
From my experience .. this is not really a breeders forum here.. but internet research holds lots of information you might seek.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree - love to see the colors of every variety mentioned . This is a very complex (to me) .
I believe my female parrolet is a delute blue female, she is a beautiful color of turquoise and primarily blue in her body.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What type would my parrotlet be?

I can't seem to figure out which type my Parrotlet is since it has the black dots on its tail.

I just bought mine yesterday as a second hand owner. First owner purchased from a pet shop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yep, my Dobby looks almost the same as the pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts