Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ,i am new at this forum ,i need your help ,I do not know what to do.I have 2 pairs of Pacifics ,one after 2 years put 3 eggs and 1 day after hatch the female killed them all 3
what to do??
thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,236 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
We don't have very many active breeders that post. The best I can suggest for you is to look through old posts to get ideas. However, some birds really don't seem to be destined to be good parents. Unfortunately, parrotlets have a reputation for injuring or killing other birds so your story is sadly not shocking.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
For right now, I would separate your pair until you have a better understanding why your female killed the babies I am not knowledgeable about breeding, but one thing that I heard/read somewhere is that you need to be careful not to disturb the parents too much - It can make them territorial and kill the babies.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear this tragic news. Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience myself. Are your birds aggressive with each other? Parrotlets are very territorial and can be quite vicious if they want to be so it is important to watch for it. Sometimes animals kill their babies if they feel threatened - any possibility of that in your case?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts