Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to start breeding within the next year and i am planning everything and doing as much research as i can okay first of all i live in england for weather condition info, and my idea was get a 6x4 foot shed attach two 5x3 foot aviaries with seperate double door systems on the aviary but the aviary they will have to fly around in will be 5x3 foot, i will give them a nest box which will be inside the shed, and in the shed a radiator or heat lamp if it gets too cold, and if i want them to stop breeding replace the breeding box in the shed with a small cage which is also in the shed, also what is the temperatures a parrotlet can stand and what is everyone's views on this ? and how about what litter on the floor would be best cheers :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
most people generally say that if your comfortable with the temperature than they will be, but thats in the house.
i duno, i have bugger all experience with this, but i do know that if it snowed like it did last year id be really worried about them being out side

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think they would generally be fine but if it got real bad weather i would check in the shed how cold it was and if i was cold with the radiotor or heat lamp on i would put there nest box back up if not already, so its warmer in there and bring in another form of heating or bring them in

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
I have heard of breeders who had birds out in the winter and they do fine as long as they had somewhere to go to get away from the cold. Though, this is in general referring to the larger parrots and once I've heard about cockatiels that did fine with this. I don't really know about p'lets though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm i will definitely monitor them well once there out there and put them out in summer time, i just wanted to hear what people had to say and whether it was a totally bad idea but this seems okay its not for a while but once i get around to it i will post pics of constructing the shed and how they get on etc. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts