Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Wow - he’s such a beautiful little guy! I swear he is smiling in that first photo, and why not? He’s a súper lucky little fellow landing in your flock - case in point your efforts to feed him. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge at all of the weaning process or of very young baby birds. However, we have other members who should definitely be able to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
We are so happy to have you join us. We love new babies! And he had a whole piece of millet!! Wow wow! Good boy! So proud! So yes, I guess this will be a bit of a longer process for you but the bonding opportunity will be amazing.

i am attaching a post from a very experienced member that contains some excellent information for first time owners. I just had a peek and it also has a bit on weaning that might be interesting for you. It was your comment that you had bought him a bigger cage that made me think if this article. With very young birds, you should keep them in a smaller cage at first because they’re terribly clumsy and can really hurt themselves. Many members put a towel on the bottom If the cage to pad any falls. I am doing this now for my old lady Kiwi - but not because she’s a sweet, clumsy fledgling! Have a read - there’s some good stuff in there.

Looking forward to joining you on this lovely journey with these feisty little birds!

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Here is another article to keep handy. It will never replace a vet visit in the case of illness or injury, of course, but it can help you in the event something happens. Nothing worse than having no clue what to do in a tense situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts