Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I put Birdie bread for his breakfast, and I added some peas, brown rice, and *something new* 1/4 of a bannana (about 10" big :the whole banana) And I cut the one forth of it in half. **I ate this in front of Kiwi the other day.. He wanted it so badly! I let him have a nibble** I come back about 2hrs later to cleaned the banana out and it was gone:eek: ! All I saw was a tiny bit of banana mush. The rest was gone! He consumed all that banana :eek: :eek: and didnt even touch his favorite food, brown rice. I am shocked!

It is becoming so hard to make him eat veggies:( ... he loves rice, oatmeal, wholegrain bread, banana, and brownrice... and his birdie bread... of course! ;)

The peas that I put in there... he only ate about 2... He squeezes the green part out of the pea and eats the skin. :confused:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know, he just doesnt like the inside of the pea.... He just... eats the skin.

But now, I guess his favorite food is banana.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
That’s great – the more you offer the more they will eat different things – I suppose eating the skin from the pea is better than not eating any of it :p – you are lucky he is eating so many different things – you deserve to pat yourself on the back for a job well done :)

I started my female eating pellets by sticking them to a banana :rolleyes: you should try sticking some bits of vegetables on a banana :p

Try feeding a strawberry – its my two’s favorite – but it looks like a murder scene after they are done :eek:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha! Nice picture... I would love a murder scene made by Kiwi... I am giong to keep on giving him new things. Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
You are doing GREAT! Keep giving lots of foods. Their tastes change as they grow. Chipper is always changing. She loves many things. Makes it fun to feed her. She loves strawberries!!! Loves oatmeal, breads of all kinds and so many things! The close up is Chipper enjoying oatmeal.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang Sally! You are always Picture crazy over there! :D

Yah, I will keep on offering, and offering, ... and offering. :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O gosh! It is in the millions? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts