Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Louie's been doing pretty well, and lately he's been doing more cute nuzzling (!!!) than biting (especially since I cut my hair short- he goes after the back of my neck when he's really mad! :eek:)...

Lately, though, his poop has been quite green. I have read that p'lets that eat seed primarily tend to have greenish poop, birds on pellets have more brownish poop, etc...

I feed him a good, organic diet- I mix millet, buckwheat, oats, amaranth, red wheat, flax, freeze-dried veggies, etc., and he eats that. He's a mutation (dilute- yellow), and I've heard that pellets can cause liver problems in mutation p'lets, so I keep the Harrison's for my doves (although sometimes he expresses interest in the pellets when I feed the girls, and I give him a little...). He also gets veggies and crackers and fruit here and there for treats.

He hasn't been acting weird or anything, so should I stop worrying about the green poop? We don't have any avian vets anywhere nearby, so I'm trying to avoid having to drive him all the way to Seattle...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Bitsy's poops are green - with a little white, of course. Hope you'll get other responses in addition to mine. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As the poops aren't blue, sit tight; I'm sure you will get some good feedback in the next day or so.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Does he also eat other foods? Birdie breads, veggie mash etc? I put many fresh foods into breads and cookies. Mashed cooked veggies and sweet potatoes are great also. It is really easy to do and they get so many nutritious things that way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I doubt it would be something to be worried about. It must mean he is eating a really green diet.

For example... for horses (yeah i used to ride horses) if they eat a lot of grass, their poo takes a greenish tinge, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts