Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I use Bob's Old Fashioned oats. Just plain, not fast cooking. They cook quickly though. Chipper loves them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For a P'let, I don't think that I would use the flavored but my Too got one spoonful of cooked maple and brown sugar everyday for breakfast. As you can see, he wasn't forced to eat it. LOL

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
My fridge has.... hmmm. Lots of diet soda (thats my big indulgence), fresh vegetables and fruits, eggs, sometimes milk, and sometimes chicken.

My freezer has more fruits and vegetables, some TV dinners to take with me to work, and frozen fish.

Most of my diet is based around grain.... whole wheat bread, oats, and pasta.

Most of what I eat I can give to the fids along with the hermit crabs. They like chicken and carrots (the crabs).

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
land hermit crabs! love them to pieces

I bought one and it has quadrupled in size since I first got him. Antonio is always easy to find... he's my only purple pincher that prefers babalonia shells over the turbo shells, and he will NOT switch out of them unless he is way to big...stubborn little guy. For a pet that I thought would be cheap and easy to have (spending initially $20), they've turned into an expensive hobby. I've probably spent like $400+ on them over a year.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
No, i'm part of hermitcrabassociation.com... but to be honest I don't post on there much anymore.... it became very political for a time... plus I don't have any questions about their care overall.
Occasionally I will post there . . .

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Here is the current set up... the cage was being cleaned so excuse the small keeper on top and cleaning cloth.

I have day and night heat lamps... a bubble pool, swimming pool, lots of hiding and climbing toys. There used to be a fountain but I couldn't maintain it well enough for it to be safe, so I broke it down into a pool and climbing rock.

Picture of a young Antonio

Here are a couple pics of some of my other crabs

·
Registered
373 Posts
Question -
Can cooked oatmeal be stored in the refrigerator for up to a couple of days? I read that somewhere, but want to make sure first of all.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts