Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Parrotlets are fairly quiet, especially compared to bigger parrot breeds! But my husband works nights and my Baby Blue insists on chirping very loudly for most of the morning. I'm at work and can't take him out of his cage (which seems to be what he wants) I'm not sure if there is any solutions for this problem. Please let me know if anyone has any suggests!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get your husband to ware soft earplugs like I do when I work night's. I never hear Cosmo and he is in the next room beside me. But Cosmo is not to loud anyways.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you have enough toys to keep him occupied? If he doesn't play with something in the first 3 days, I yank it. I have 2-3 toys, including some type with a bell & something chewable/destroyable. I also rotate the toys every 3-4 weeks, removing 1 and adding another. (too keep it interesting)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Yes, lots of fun toys and yummy treats. Play with him before you leave. Does he get 12 hours of good sleep? Sleep and nutrition and fun attention make them satisfied. Also, a nice big cage they can fly and hop and play in easily. Chipper is now happier with her huge cage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

I have been gone from this site in some time now!! I did find a solution for my noisy bird problem though. I just bought a cage cover and he is quiet until my husband gets up and takes it off. Now that I know "baby" better now I understand that he just loves to communicate with the world, and if there are birds outside making noise...he wants to make noise too. He LOVES noise (he goes NUTZ when I turn on our garborator..lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts