Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My name is Linda and I am owned by 2 parrotlets. Booger is 17 months old I got him whe he was 4 months old. He is the sweetest little guy always keeps us laughing around here. He is quite a talker and almost learning how to sing our song! (Booger Bird up high in banana tree) from a song I sang many years ago in 6th grade. My newest parrotlet is scooter he is 3 months old and I have only had him for a week. Scooter has a bad foot but he dosent know it. The lady that handfed him was not sure if he was born that way or not. (She handfeeds the babies for a handicapped friend) But to make a long story short she told me if I was interested in him to make an offer but when I called her to make an offer she told me that I could have him because she knew he was going to a good home. He has stolen our hearts in the week he has been here. I thought Id have to modify his cage a bit but he gets around great so I jumped the gun and ordered him a bigger cage the day he came home. But in the time hes been here I have noticed he falls a bit so I think I am going to keep him in the smaller cage at least for a little while. He does use the foot to grip his swing and I am hoping if I work with him and offer different sizes of perches his foot will get stronger.
As for my chosen nickname Ladyscroller it is because I do scroll saw pictures.
Sorry for the long ramble.
Linda

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Linda, your not rambling it's very interesting. Uh oh another person with a soft heart. That little challenged bird just won the lotto!!!! What is wrong with it's foot? Can it grip? I'd be real curious to keep up with your progress.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a picture of his foot and yes he does grip with it thats what makes me think that it will get stronger in time. And I am the one who won the lotto when he found me. I took him to work with me today. I work at a nursing home in the activity department so I can take the birds in occasionally. The residents just fell in love with him.
Linda

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts