Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently (approx a week and change) brought home a new parrotlet which happens to be our first one. To tide us over until we could figure out what to actually feed her, we've been using a 'tiel mix which she seems to enjoy for the most part.

I've have noticed however that she tends to dig out and/or drop out of her dish all the formed pellets. Reading through the threads I've seen it argued back and forth over pellets vs seed so wasn't sure if I should try moving her to pellets or just keeping her on the seed and throwing in veg.

I do have a central market relatively close so I can pick up some fresh produce (some organic) if need be, as she does seem to enjoy nibbling on bits of brocolli I leave her.

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum:) I also feed my guys a cockatiel mix. It also has pellets and if they had a choice, they wouldn't eat the pellets. I do encourage them to eat the pellets because I think variety is good, so I give them only 1-2tbsp of food per day of a seed/pellet mix with about the same amount of fresh foods.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a pare of re-homed p'lets and their diets include Totally Organic Crumplets (bigger pellets crumpled down for small birds) Harrisons Fine Pellets, a "chop mix" http://parrotnation.com/2010/08/08/chop-shot-by-shot/ and a little seed for a treat (just a little) I also give them birdie bread and a little fruit a few times a week. So every day they get about 45% pellets, 45% chop mix, 10% treats (birdie bread, seed, fruit, etc..)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts