Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I got my first parrotlet last Tuesday. He is beautiful, and very vocal. I guess he is still adjusting to his new surroundings, because he still doesn't like coming out of his cage. though I take him out several times a day for a few minutes. He usually can't wait to get back to the cage. He bites me frequently, and after I tell him "no biting" several times in a stern voice he will stop, but you can tell he really doesn't want to. I haven't picked out a name for him yet. I know he really needs a name especially after being here over a week, but I just can't decide on a name. I always have problems naming pets, because I want it to be the perfect name. I am glad to be a member, and hope to get lots of advice.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm still pretty new here, but there are a lot of people here who know a lot about parrotlets and will always be willing to help. They've given me great advice and can always answer all of my questions. Let us know when you decide on a name, and I'm sure we'd all love to see some pictures when you can post some!:)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hello Patsy and welcome.

I'm sure a name will come to you soon.
I think you are wise to wait and not name him right away -
I think their personality should dictate their name.

My guy peeped softly to himself when I first got him so he ended up with Mr. Peepers.

I agree with Alyse - can't wait to see some pictures :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome!

Patsy, I always have the same naming problem. It takes me forever to come up with something that I even like a little, and then oftentimes I end up changing it anyway! Like how Nemo used to be Kiwi.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Patsy welcome to the forum feel free to post and get to know us better. This a nice group and glad to have you aboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts