Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm also first time owner his name is Rockie He has a birth defect of one leg so I do PT everyday. It's no better and won't ever be normal but it is a little stronger.He can't hold on with the bad foot but we make it work. Just love him to death
How often do u feed molting food

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! First let me say how wonderful it is that Rockie was found by someone kindhearted that loves him so much and wants to take good care of him. Even with a bad foot, Rockie can have a long and happy life with the right person. So, I am glad he was lucky that you found him. You must be learning a lot taking care of him. Figuring out how to make things easier for him. If you don’t mind, I would love to hear more about Rockie. How old is he? Does he do any flying? How do you give him PT? How long have you had him? Anything you would like to share with us would be great. And we love pics! This a forum that loves and cares about these little guys!

Now, regarding the molt food. I honestly do not know that much about molting food. I had never given my bird any. I just made sure she was mostly getting healthy foods – no human snacks. I realize that Rockie’s needs may be different, so hopefully someone will come forward on here who has used it and can give some advice. I imagine there are all different brands with specific directions on dosages and how often to give to your bird.

Lovely to have you with us. Please keep in touch and let us know how you and Rockie are doing! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rockie is two and the PT is stretching his leg ten times he knows when I say let's do ten he's fine but if I try 11 I get a look and he takes hold of my finger. Which I think means ok you got ten now stop. He flys but some of his landings are a bit shaky lol I have two flat perches on and always have his favorite toy in his cage. I have had him since he was six month or so .

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
He is beautiful. What a little sweetie pie! Thanks for the pic and telling us about Rockie! I laughed that he is okay with 10 leg stretches', but not 11! Isn't that just like a parrotlet? They sure have minds of their own, don't they? lol

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hi there! Welcome to you and Rockie! That is quite a story about his leg and your efforts to help him. The world certainly needs kind-hearted people like you. He is absolutely beautiful and it sounds like you have quite the bond with him already, which is amazing. Good for you!!

I also have never used a particular food for molting so unfortunately I can’t help you there. Is there a reason you want to use a special food? Is he having bad molts or are you just being super conscientious? No wrong answer here - I just wondered if he was struggling with his molts in ways we could perhaps help you with in other ways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts