Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DHey everyone, just joined the forum today and thought I would drop on in and say HI and let Ya'll know a little bit about myself. My wife, Gail and I are currently in the service of 5 Parrotlets, Mage(green/blue)16wk. old male, Jade
(green/yellow)1yr. old female paired up with Skye(Blue)1yr. old male, Tinkerbelle(green/blue)8yr. old female paired up with Whizzer(green/blue)3yr. old male. In addition to these little bundles of energy we also have 20 Cockatiels of various ages and stages, 4 dogs, 2 Parakeets and 2 aquariums with assorted fish. The Cockatiels and Parrotlets each have their own room in the house, and as I am retired the Cockatiels get to spend several hours a day in free flight in their room with me checking in on them every few minutes.
The Parrotlets are still in Quarantine as we just got them a couple of weeks ago, all from the same breeder that had very good recommendations, several of which were from friends of mine. I have been interested in breeding birds for several years now so I used the Cockatiels for my learning as I was afraid to start breeding Parrotlets from scratch. I have now been breeding Cockatiels for 3yrs. now and have enough confidence to try the Parrotlets which is what I wanted to do all along.
Don't be surprised if I ask a lot of questions from time to time.:eek: SORRY to have gone on for so long but I sometimes get caught up in what I am talking about and do that.

Thanks for your Time,
MIKE BARKER

·
Registered
582 Posts
Welcome Mike! Questions are always welcome here and even though I don't plan on breeding personally, I still like hearing the answers to the questions and learning! So ask away!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Mike,

Welcome aboard! I hope you will share some of your experiences with your FIVE new birds as well as ask questions from us. As parrotlets are a relatively new species being kept and bred as a pet, I find getting feedback from forums like this one are among the best resources available.

Good Luck!!

Art S.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

:D Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the welcome. I haven't posted anything on here before but I have been reading the posts & replies for the last month or so & was very impressed with the way everyone seems to be sincerely concerned about the problems people on here have. It seemed more like one big family than anything else which is why I decided to join. Again THANK YOU! for the welcome.:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Mike! Welcome! I see that you are from good ole TN! (the y'all stood out to me..that's my kind of speech.;)) I hope you enjoy this site! I joined for the same reason you did....it seems like one big plet loving family. I think that is great! It looks like you have a ZOO at your house! I love it! Y'all have a great one!

·
Registered
794 Posts
:D Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the welcome. I haven't posted anything on here before but I have been reading the posts & replies for the last month or so & was very impressed with the way everyone seems to be sincerely concerned about the problems people on here have. It seemed more like one big family than anything else which is why I decided to join. Again THANK YOU! for the welcome.:D

Yeah Art is the smarty pants older brother so unlike me the sweet sweet loving kind sister un huh that's me.

lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts