Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
My name is Jo. I have been a parrotlet lover since I was about 11, when I had my first baby, Mojo. She was my companion through a lot, including the death of my mother. There really is no friend like your parrotlet, not to sound cheesy :D
So when my job site that I was working with closed down last year, I took my severance money and decided I would like to spread this companionship to others and bought two pairs of green rump parrotlets. Unfortunately for me it took about 19 months for anything to come about and had to get a second job ( which was actually a blessing, now I'm working with children as well)
But last month I heard just the slightest chirping in one nest and got two miniature t-rex's, at least thats what they looked like to me with their tiny featherless wings and bodies.
They have grown into beautiful babies in the last month. It has been so rewarding watching them grow and can't wait to have more babies. They are sitting on my lap as I type. I am going to have a hard time adopting them out, but I feel like they will be great little companions! They are so sweet already :)

Anyways, I'm happy to come into the parrotlet community and hope to hear from you all soon!
Thank you for visiting!
Jo
Pocketsize

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new dino babies! We love to see pics if you want to share. Sounds like they are already very cute and cuddly. Must be fun working with children. Have you thought about sharing your little guys with them so they can learn about them?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Welcome aboard, Pocketsize! Hope you will post some pictures of your flock and your new chick'lets soon.....we'll watch for them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey again! :)
I wanted to upload a few pics but am embarrassed to say I couldn't figure out how... Does anyone know by chance?
At Jeannepp... Was thinking of bringing them to work one day... Do you think the kids, being the germ harvesters that they are ;) would it expose the babies to anything harmful?
Thank you guys for your support! :D
- Pocketsize

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum:)

As for pictures, it's usually easiest to upload first to an online photo place like photobucket or picassa and then link them into the forum (get the site address of the picture and then click on the tab that looks like a rectangle with mountains and a sun).

As for the bringing to work. You're probably fine, I would just worry about the stress. I wouldn't worry about germs as much especially if you make the kids wash their hands before handling the birds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your help Jinx and Noodle, I got some pictures uploaded! And I think I will either wait until they are bigger, or wait until my next clutch when I'm more experienced with them to bring them to work :)

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
Ooo, they're adorable! Too bad you're not closer (and if I had room), I would take one of those darlings from you:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh, thanks Jinx!
I think they will make great buddies to someone! They are so sweet! Even my little Mojo before wasn't as sweet as these guys (or gals)!
I'm still tryin to make my way around this forum, it's so cool to see others who love these guys like I do.
-Pocketsize

1 - 9 of 9 Posts