Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm not really sure what mutation he is. The store I got him from said he was a Green Rump, but he looks more like a Pacific to me. I took him to get his wings cliped last week and they said he was some form of Pacific. We don't care what he is we love him! If anyone knows what mutation he is please let me know though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi, your bird is beautiful! You're very lucky to have him :)

Do you bring him outside often? I know his wings are clipped, but you may want to consider bringing him out in a small cage instead to catch some rays - Parrotlets are very tiny birds and it doesn't take much for them to get some lift and fly away, sadly. I just wanted to let you know because people in my city are always looking for their lost P'lets :(

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Pretty birdie!!!

I do not clip Chipper birds, but even if clipped, they usually fly just fine. Especially Parrotlets. Happens all the time. I use a little cage outside.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was in my mother's yard. It is pretty big with no trees or bushes. I do have a little cage for him that I take him out in. I just had him out to take the pictures. Plus his wings were just clipped a few days ago so he can flutter but he can't get any lift. Thanks for the concern though, I am a pretty new bird owner so all advice is appreaciated.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The photos are so lovely. We were just concerned for Gonzo. We love all of the birdies! Thank you for showing the photos. Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts