Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I mentioned on my last post, I took the plunge and got another P’let.

Mrs. Penny Peepers came home over the weekend. She is 10 weeks old. I got her from the parrotletranch. She is a Pacific Subspecies – a Lucida. The female Lucida have blue/turquoise on their rumps – are a somewhat darker green and sometimes have the blush around their eyes but have no blue on their wings like the males.

Mr. Peepers and her get along better than I had hoped for. He loves her to death and she follows him around doing most everything he does – Which is good because she is eating vegetables, fruits and pellets because he is eating them.

I house them separate because of her age and she is clipped. We will see how things go within the next months and how I will house them.

Here is a photo-bucket link with their first pictures together –

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pado...Congratulations!!!

Now you're tempting me to go rescue that girl at the local shop...

Good luck with Mrs. Peepers.

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Pado is that a Sandee Molenda bird?????? If it is you little stinker, oh how cute she's so sweet. Is she from THE parrotlet ranch???????

·
Registered
582 Posts
She is very cute and it's adorable that she immediately does whatever he does. It's love at first sight!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pado...Congratulations!!!

Now you're tempting me to go rescue that girl at the local shop...

Good luck with Mrs. Peepers.

Art S.
Wow, Art is that little girl still there? – Poor Girl. I’m big on the term ‘its meant to be’ - maybe she’s waiting for you: :rolleyes:

I made my decision expecting to deal and accept the worst case scenario – if they didn't get along - I was willing to keep two birds in separate cages – separate parts of the house if need be. I don’t see that happening now but I was ready.

In your case if someone is left out, you CAN always get a fourth! - Sell that one to your wife hehehe :D

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pado is that a Sandee Molenda bird?????? If it is you little stinker, oh how cute she's so sweet. Is she from THE parrotlet ranch???????

Thanks Memmey – yes, Sandee Molenda is her breeder – I’m about 3 hours away from the Parrotletranch – It was a day trip to get her. Sandee was very nice and gracious.

She told me I was lucky she had one available – as she usually has a waiting list for her birds – but when I contacted her she just happened to have a Female Pacific and that is what I wanted.

There is that - 'its meant to be' - I believe so much in :)

- Signed, the little stinker :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well she comes from one of the premier parrotlet breeders there is. She and her husband studied bird skeletons at the Smithsonian and she writes alot of articles about them. She was one of the first to breed them in the US. Your so lucky!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I could've sworn I replied to this thread somewhere.

Anyway, everything I want to say about her has already been said. You're very lucky! I bet her waiting lists are LONG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts