Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I got a bee baby parrotlet and the breeder told me yellow. When. I saw him in person I knew he wasn’t just yellow. What’s his color considered? My other parrotlet I got at 1 and she has always been super sweet. He’s a bit nervous. Trying to fly away etc. any tips on earning trust? I want him to want to be held etc how do I train him like that? How long does it take?
Bird Beak Textile Art paint Waterfowl
Bird Beak Textile Art paint Waterfowl

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very cute ❤
Ours was very scared for a little while, he didn't want to come out of the cage or come anywhere near us.
We gave him plenty of time to settle in and get used to his surroundings and then we started training with seeds and millet.
We started with millet in the cage, getting him used to our hands and letting him come to us rather than chasing him around.
He eventually started coming to us as we were cleaning his cage and he was a bit scared and got himself all exhausted from flying around and landed on my shoulder. From there, we carried on with millet and seeds. I put less in his cage, only really offered him veg and pellets in the cage, if he wanted seeds and millet he would have to come and get them from me. I'm by no means saying starve him but if you're offering their favourite food he's more likely to come to you and get it.
It does take time and patience though but now he's like a velcro bird and would rather hang out with my husband than he would with me 😂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts