Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for a few months; ever since I put a deposit down to get a parrotlet. As of yesterday I have finally reserved one and I'm so excited! I'll be bringing home a male blue pastel maybe as soon as next weekend.
So now my biggest delima is I have to come up with a name. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome! That's so exciting! Names are hard. Do you prefer to give pets people names or more animal ones? My guidelines when choosing a name were that I wanted it to be a more traditional name (something you would call a person) but not something I might want to name a kid someday, lol. Would you like the name to mean something?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Perfect name

Thanks for the link. I will look at it more closely later. I spotted the name is was thinking of right away. Originally I was hoping to get a blue female and I wanted to name her Jasmine, after the lovely blue flowers. I wanted to call her Jazzy. The breeder has been sending me pics of her babies as they feather out. No blue females.This blue pastel male is beautiful. Light Blue head and back, and white, (silvery ) lacing on the wings. I think Skye suits him, but it just not as cute as Jazzy. I am looking for something that means Sky, sea, blue, water. I'm trying to post a pic

Update: I think I am going to call him Jazzi. If I decide to add a blue girl later on she can be Jasmine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
I love the name Jazz or Jazzi! Very cute. Oooh is that the marbled coloring? He's so pretty. Gosh, he looks like a painting.
Definitely marbled, he is georgrous!!! What a cutie! I'm so glad this thread had a photo :p
Welcome to the Forum! :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks for the link. I will look at it more closely later. I spotted the name is was thinking of right away. Originally I was hoping to get a blue female and I wanted to name her Jasmine, after the lovely blue flowers. I wanted to call her Jazzy. The breeder has been sending me pics of her babies as they feather out. No blue females.This blue pastel male is beautiful. Light Blue head and back, and white, (silvery ) lacing on the wings. I think Skye suits him, but it just not as cute as Jazzy. I am looking for something that means Sky, sea, blue, water. I'm trying to post a pic

Update: I think I am going to call him Jazzi. If I decide to add a blue girl later on she can be Jasmine.
Call him Jasper! I once knew a bird that would introduce himself to me "Hi, I'm Jasper!" I love that name. It means: Keeper of the treasure or Guardian of the treasure

Then you can say "Jazzy" for short!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Call him Jasper! I once knew a bird that would introduce himself to me "Hi, I'm Jasper!" I love that name. It means: Keeper of the treasure or Guardian of the treasure

Then you can say "Jazzy" for short!
Funny that's what a friend said too. I'm still not sure. I've been looking at lists of names but we'll see!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.