Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Congrats NAR!!! I bet your soooo happy!!

Are you going to start breeding or are you just going to have a parrotlet family?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay guys...the first baby is expected to hatch as early as tomorrow!
So keep the babies in your prayers to be happy, healthy, little babies! And the parents to raise them perfectly well!

:D

I won't be able to get immediate pictures...the birds are at my mother's house. But, she may be able to send me some.
Otherwise, I am going to her home next weekend and will get some photos! :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My mother is seeming to be having bad luck checking if there are babies without disturbing the parents.
It is difficult for her to catch them both out at the same time to check the nesting box.

Today is the day the second baby is due to hatch.

Hopefully all is going well with the parents and eggs. :eek:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
YAH!!

I bet your one happy flock member!

A question though, did you have a nest box in the cage? Were your planning on babies?

Sorry if any of those questions are personal, but I want another bird for Kiwi... just not babies.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's been a long time... but the babies are here!

Of 6 eggs laid -

5 Hatched...

then two passed away

Now, three of them seem to be healthy... but one is a little small, and my mother isn't sure if it will make it.

These are the hatch dates of the three that are alive:
10/14
10/17
10/21

Here are some pictures... Im sorry about the horrible quality... I will get better ones tomorrow, or later this week.

I am just visiting my mother this weekend, so I will get updates either next weekend or the weekend after.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey Nick...good to hear from you! Congrats on the babies and sorry to hear about the two that didn't make it:( . The pictures are great...looking forward to seeing updates as they grow. Good luck with the 3 babies...Deb

1 - 20 of 30 Posts