TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my 3 yo blue winged male parrotlet having watery droppings for like more than 2 weeks so I started to worry, his diet is not only seed based I give him plenty of veggies as well but he hasn't done this before I think there is something wrong. Unfortunately, there is no avian vet around, so I am looking for advice. It is not the wet of veggies or humidity because for like 3 years I haven't seen him having this type of droppings.

here some pictures of his droppings

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
HI !

There should be a forum topic in this site that has a variety of different types of problemed poo do's of parrotlets. Check to the right hand side of this page under, " Your Parrotlets Health " or other forums. Also, go to Google and Google in word phrases like, ' parrotlet stool/droppings pictures" or videos. I saw a dozen pictures of poo do's in color when I Googled this topic a couple of years ago.

The change in his poo do's could be from many different reasons.

David 🦜

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David, I have researched a lot but all I want to know is that are there anyone from the forum that has experienced this before.

·
Super Moderator
4,405 Posts
yes, Jules had something like that a few years ago. Said it was a digestive infection. Vet prescribed a broad spectrum antibiotic - I think it Baytril.
In a situation like yours where there is no vet around and you have to self prescribe I suggest checking out the chicken owners. They have a large amount of bird lore and much of it applies to all birds in general.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts