Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Willie is getting bored with his pellet food. It happens every once in a while. Right now he’s eating Zupreem fruit flavored pellets. I also used to get Zupreem natural pellets for him but he got tired of that too. Can anyone give me a list of small bird pellet food that doesn’t go over $12.00 a bag? I really wish I could get Higgin’s pellet food for him but $20.00 a bag once a month is a bit steep for me! ☹

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
I use a variety of nutriberies. They have their normal type but also a veggie version, hot pepper version and a fruit version. I either mix when I give or swap back and forth depending on what my little one likes (been using it for 3 parrotlets now)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a variety of nutriberies. They have their normal type but also a veggie version, hot pepper version and a fruit version. I either mix when I give or swap back and forth depending on what my little one likes (been using it for 3 parrotlets now)
Yes, Willie gets Nutriberries too! I mix the medium bird one with the plain parakeet one but he only eats the white millet and Saff Flower seeds in the Nutriberries only. He can be a real stinker in that way at times! I am concerned about the sugar that’s in Nutriberries though but since it’s the only dry food he’s eating I’m gonna have to stick with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys, how did you manage your p'lets to eat pellets? Mine don't approve at all :( They are VERY picky overall, I try to give them new food, they even try it from my hands, but they won't eat it. Not bananas, not vegetables (except for broccoli thanks God), not child purees...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guys, how did you manage your p'lets to eat pellets? Mine don't approve at all :( They are VERY picky overall, I try to give them new food, they even try it from my hands, but they won't eat it. Not bananas, not vegetables (except for broccoli thanks God), not child purees...
Blending the pellets and putting the dust on their food seems to work.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Kathy you are a NJ girl, visit the local stores and buy small bags of different kinds of pellets. Maybe take a ride down to the mega store in south jersey they have the most variety in the tubes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts