Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard of her? She claims to have these amazing programs that work with all parrots. Has anyone seen or read her products? I actually ordered her e book and never got it. I have heard about several of these DVD or books that you can get. Do they work? :D

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I'm not familiar with her, but would be very cautious of her amazing claims. She wants to sell dvds and books, so obviously is going to promote them. One person out there, the "bird whisperer", uses negative training methods and I and many other people think it's terrible that he bombards the internet with how great he is. Unsuspecting people buy his products, and there are much better training methods.

Check out Melinda Johnson and Bird Click, Steve Martin's articles (he gives workshops in Florida that are said to be fantastic), Susan Friedman, and Barbara Heidenreich (Good Bird! magazine, and some training dvds). These are all positive reinforcement training techniques.
Reta

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I'm not familiar with Natalie Roberts, but Melinda Johnson and Clicker Training have added a whole new dimension to my relationship with Kiwi! I feel like we're really communicating and bonding even more. I've been amazed at how smart she is. It's easy to do too. I've only done 2 to 3 five minute training sessions per day (in addition to regular play and bonding time) with great results.

Just my two cents worth! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
In regards to Nathalie, I think there is only one way to look at her "program".....SCAM!
You say you didn't receive the E-book (clue #1)
and if you read her advertisement you will find a few too many discrepencies. Like on http://www.parrotsecrets.com/ her friend found an Amazon that they later name Polygon.
On http://www.parrotsecrets.com/parrotlets/ it suddenly became a parrotlet and on http://www.parrotsecrets.com/parakeets/
it becomes a parakeet. Same story for all 3. This story is how she got into birds. Yeah, ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nathalie Roberts books are a SCAM...

Hi...I'm new to this forum, and found it when looking for information on Nathalie Roberts. My husband and I were interested in purchasing the package she offers. Anyway, I found this information below on another website, and I thought it would pass it on so you wouldn't get suckered in to the SCAM. Pretty sad that someone would manipulate so many that don't think to research before they by something online. :(

Taken from www.birdloversonline.com forum:

"Nathalie Roberts runs another one of those 'pay for training' websites "www.parrotsecrets.com" - claiming it's run by a nice bird trainer who has owned birds for the past 12 years; her name is Nathalie Roberts or so you think.

Nathalie Roberts is Sumantra Roy a 23 year old internet entrepreneur who lives in India; he doesn't even own birds nor has he ever.

Sumantra Roy paid for his training material to be written for him by freelance writers on the internet who just copied examples from books that Sumantra Roy sent the writers from Amazon.com.

In the last few years Sumantra Roy has pocketed an upwards of $2 million US from his parrotsecrets website pretending to be Nathalie Roberts someone he is not.

Other sites owned by Sumantra Roy which are also scams.

trainpetdog.com

dogtraininginstitute.org
dogtraininginstitute.com
dogpottytrain.com
bigpawsonly.com
parrotsecrets.com
pet-parrots.com
parrottrainers.com
puginstitute.com
akitainstitute.com
corgiinstitute.com
poodleinstitute.com
shihtzuinstitute.com
papilloninstitute.com
chihuahuainstitute.com
dachshundinstitute.com
bordercollieinstitute.com
pomeranianinstitute.com
siberianhuskyinstitute.com
goldenretrieverinstitute.com
germanshephardinstitute.com"

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've been searching for materials on how to tame unsocialized parakeets, and did a search on this individual. I found a site (http://nancyrichards.org/) which talks about this supposed miracle worker. I'd definitely avoid this "super trainer."
tURNS OUT ALSO THAT nATALIE IS ACTUALLY A MAN. wARNING WERE SENT OUT ON OTHER BIRD FORUMS. pEOPLE DID NOT GET WHAT THEY PAID FOR ECT

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm sooo glad I didn't fall for that one!!! I received several e mails from "her" claiming she could do all sorts of miracle training with p'lets but she was so aggressive it turned me off and now I'm glad I didn't invest any money!!!!!! thanks for the heads up!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm sooo glad I didn't fall for that one!!! I received several e mails from "her" claiming she could do all sorts of miracle training with p'lets but she was so aggressive it turned me off and now I'm glad I didn't invest any money!!!!!! thanks for the heads up!!!
Same thing with me..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,
I would have to agree. I bought the e-book and got it, but the only chapter that was of any value appears to be one ripped off from Chet Womach. The other chapters are so badly written that at times there seems to have been absolutely nobody who ever even checked sentences for simple sense. (I'm glad I paid through PayPal, now that I've read some of your posts.) There is nothing in the e-book that isn't available for free on the internet, so far as "brilliant" information goes. Now I'm being bombarded with e-mail from "Nathalie Roberts" with "miracle" bird-training offers. The people on this forum know a lot more about birds and they'll tell you things for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts