Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new pair of parrotlets. They are very sweet, they don't bite when handled but they are not used to being handled. I have never seen parrotlets with these types of markings before. Their markings remind me of parakeets. They are supposed to be a mated pair and one does look different than the other. Does anyone know what type of parrotlets these are?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
Hi. They are so cute. They look like linoleated parakeets to me. So don't know the answer to your question. What type of parrotlet did the breeder say they are or whoever you got them from? Are you sure they are parrotlets?

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
While I was typing Kim answered for both of us.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hi Gloria! Welcome! Your birds look like Linnies to me, Lineolated parakeets. Were you told they were parrotlets?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that explains a lot!

Thanks for all your input. I bought them from a lady that got them as a present. She was told they were parrotlets. She said she couldn't spend enough time with them so I got them from her. I could care less if they are Linnies or parrotlets because I just love them already. They will have a good home with me. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
Thanks for all your input. I bought them from a lady that got them as a present. She was told they were parrotlets. She said she couldn't spend enough time with them so I got them from her. I could care less if they are Linnies or parrotlets because I just love them already. They will have a good home with me. Thanks again!
I think they definitley got a good home with you and they look absolutely sweet. Glad you were able to take them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im getting my new parrotlet today and didnt know how i should handel him after being in a crate all day from flying on a plane...

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
Im getting my new parrotlet today and didnt know how i should handel him after being in a crate all day from flying on a plane...
I would put him in his cage with plenty of water, plenty of millet and food. Depending on his age if he is still very young put all of that towards the bottom of the cage so he can get to it easily. I would let him rest and you can sit by him quietly. Tomorrow you can talk to him and see if he wants to come out but keep it to two or three sessions of about 5 - 10 minutes. Welcome to the forum. You should introduce yourself by starting a new thread.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just got a new pair of parrotlets. They are very sweet, they don't bite when handled but they are not used to being handled. I have never seen parrotlets with these types of markings before. Their markings remind me of parakeets. They are supposed to be a mated pair and one does look different than the other. Does anyone know what type of parrotlets these are?
One is a Green Linnie and the other is an Olive Linnie. Good lick with them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts