Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My name's Brenda, and I got my first parrotlet about 2 months ago. His name is Remi :) He is 3 1/2 months old now and so adorable. Right now I have him eating seeds, carrots, peas, corn, string beans and whole grain bread. Any tips yous can give me to make his life more awesome would be appreciated!

Just preening my feathers haha

Cuddlin up!

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts
Aww he looks sooooooo sweet. Have you tried teaching him and tricks. My girl likes when I do tricks with her. She likes learning. And of course she's totally spoiled. Looks like your guy is very happy. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Awwwwww! HE looks like such a sweety!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone! :) I have not started teaching any tricks yet, I wasn't sure if it was too soon? I'm still working on getting him totally comfortable with handling, he's still kinda nippy!

·
Premium Member
12,210 Posts
Thank you everyone! :) I have not started teaching any tricks yet, I wasn't sure if it was too soon? I'm still working on getting him totally comfortable with handling, he's still kinda nippy!
I find that training actually helps with the nippy. When she starts to bite I get her to do ladders and she gets distracted and is so happy to show off and get praise. I find it works better than saying no bite.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Beautiful little p'let! Congratulations on your new baby. :)

I did want to point out that the bar spacing looks a little bit more than 1/2", although it's hard to tell in photographs. Anything bigger than that, and Remi might get his head stuck one day. :(

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hey everyone! My name's Brenda, and I got my first parrotlet about 2 months ago. His name is Remi :) He is 3 1/2 months old now and so adorable. Right now I have him eating seeds, carrots, peas, corn, string beans and whole grain bread. Any tips yous can give me to make his life more awesome would be appreciated!

Just preening my feathers haha

Cuddlin up!
He's a cute little guy. His wings are clipped super short though, are you going to let them grow in?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi & Welcome

:)Hi and welcome to the Forum. What a handsome boy, he is adorable :)
Like the above have mentioned, keep him busy and he is less likely to nip ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
He's really cute! Training is a really important bonding activity and will help with nipping. Hope you post more photos!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Awww looks like he loves you already! And yeah his wings are so short... poor little guy. I'm sure with this great start you will have no problems teaching him tricks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
His wings have grown out fully, but I'm worried about him being able to fly as he's out of the cage alot. The bar spacing is 1/2" so no worries! I have started training him and it has helped with the nippyness so thankyou!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts